cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Reusable code for xml (dom/sax)
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:03:35 GMT

On Dec 22, 2008, at 7:46 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>> Have you seen Jukka's recent proposal?
>>
>> On Commons Dev:
>> http://markmail.org/message/wlvkqnvfabhad6ca
>> Later on Xerces-J Dev:
>> http://markmail.org/message/i4mzckmqzy2gdwsc
>>
>> There could be some overlap. :-)
>>
> Yes, I've seen the mails :)
>
> Now, while it seems to make sense to have such stuff at a "common"
> place, we suffered actually in the past more from this than it
> helper us
> (for example the move of general components to excalibur). And I'm not
> sure where such a code is most welcome from the community :)
>
> So I see no problem in Cocoon being the number one address for xml
> stuff.

My recommendation would be to develop it here first and once it is in
a state where it might be usable then we should look at it and figure
out what the right thing to do is.  The problem we are faced with is
that the xml project only has the JAXP API and the resolver left and
commons doesn't really have anything because XML Commons was always
around. I guess the various PMCs should talk about a plan for where
this kind of code should reside.

Ralph