cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Reusable code for xml (dom/sax)
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:18:11 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> My recommendation would be to develop it here first and once it is in a
> state where it might be usable then we should look at it and figure out
> what the right thing to do is.
I think, the stuff we have is already usable :)

> The problem we are faced with is that
> the xml project only has the JAXP API and the resolver left and commons
> doesn't really have anything because XML Commons was always around. I
> guess the various PMCs should talk about a plan for where this kind of
> code should reside.
Yes, let's start here, see where we end up with and then get the
*communities* (xlm, commons, cocoon) together for further discussions.
But as I said, as we are shifting away from a monolithic big bang
framework to finer grained reusable modules, it might make sense to have
this common xml stuff here and maybe use it for "marketing" :)

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org