cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [C3] Caching
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:29:49 GMT
Hi,

I just started with looking closer at the pipeline stuff we have for c3
atm. My first impression was that there are too many interfaces which
might confuse users :) As we step away from just a sax based pipeline, I
fear we really might need all these interfaces :(

The other thing is caching: i guess in many scenarios caching is not
done on the pipeline or even pipeline component level. So I think we
should try to make caching more optional - I know that it is optional
from a feature point but I would like to have the pipeline jar as small
as possible and move the caching stuff into an optional/additional lib.
I have no good idea atm how to do this as the pipeline components itself
need to be aware of caching. But perhaps someone else has?

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler