cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon3] Stax Pipelines
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:25:47 GMT
David Crossley schrieb:
> Reinhard P?tz wrote:
>
>> I've had Stax pipelines on my radar for a rather long time because I
>> think that Stax can simplify the writing of transformers a lot.
>> I proposed this idea to Alexander Schatten, an assistant professor at
>> the Vienna University of Technology and he then proposed it to his
>> students.
>>

> This is a fantastic moment for open source.
> Thanks to all involved. More of this style of
> collaboration please.
>
> -David

Thank you, David.

I believe it was Werner Guttmann from Castor who started to do this.
Since he's a good friend and colleague we gained some insights about how
it worked out and lots of details about the promising results they produced.
He suggested we should do the same with Cocoon.

I'm really glad we took the time to prepare two proposals and I'm pretty
sure we will continue to do this - provided the feedback is good and
there are students willing to work with us, of course... ;-)

Steven