cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [cocoon3] Stax Pipelines
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:17:13 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> I've had Stax pipelines on my radar for a rather long time because I
> think that Stax can simplify the writing of transformers a lot.
> I proposed this idea to Alexander Schatten, an assistant professor at
> the Vienna University of Technology and he then proposed it to his
> students.
>
> A group of four students accepted to work on this as part of their
> studies. Steven and I are coaching this group from October to January
> and the goal is to support Stax pipeline components in Cocoon 3.
>
> So far the students learned more about Cocoon 3, Sax, Stax and did some
> performance comparisons. This week we've entered the phase where the
> students have to work on the actual Stax pipeline implementation.
>
> I asked the students to introduce themselves and also to present the
> current ideas of how to implement Stax pipelines. So Andreas, Killian,
> Michael and Jakob, the floor is yours!

Wow, what a surprise, Reinhard!

I won't comment on actual proposal until I hear some details from the research that students
have
made but I would like to say "Thank you" to all people involved into this effort.

It's nice to hear that there will be more students involved in Cocoon!

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski