cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: [cocoon3] Stax Pipelines
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:17:13 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> I've had Stax pipelines on my radar for a rather long time because I
> think that Stax can simplify the writing of transformers a lot.
> I proposed this idea to Alexander Schatten, an assistant professor at
> the Vienna University of Technology and he then proposed it to his
> students.
> A group of four students accepted to work on this as part of their
> studies. Steven and I are coaching this group from October to January
> and the goal is to support Stax pipeline components in Cocoon 3.
> So far the students learned more about Cocoon 3, Sax, Stax and did some
> performance comparisons. This week we've entered the phase where the
> students have to work on the actual Stax pipeline implementation.
> I asked the students to introduce themselves and also to present the
> current ideas of how to implement Stax pipelines. So Andreas, Killian,
> Michael and Jakob, the floor is yours!

Wow, what a surprise, Reinhard!

I won't comment on actual proposal until I hear some details from the research that students
made but I would like to say "Thank you" to all people involved into this effort.

It's nice to hear that there will be more students involved in Cocoon!

Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message