cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [cocoon3] Stax Pipelines
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 08:31:22 GMT
El mié, 03-12-2008 a las 08:56 +0100, Sylvain Wallez escribió:
> Andreas Pieber wrote:
> > One big "problem" in this approach is that the "flow direction of events" is
> > completely inverted. This means that StAX and SAX components would not be able
> > to work "directly" together. But also in a push-pull approach a conversion
> > between StAX and SAX events have to be done and further more this problem could

> > be tackled by writing a wrapper or adapters around the SAX components and add
> > them to an StAX pipe.
> >

> Absolutely. Converting Stax to SAX is fairly trivial, but the other way
> around requires buffering or multithreading. Have you looked at
> Stax-Utils [1]? It contains many classes to ease the SAX <-> Stax
> translation.

I lately played around (and still do) with such approach in the forrest
dispatcher rewrite [3]. I am using Axiom which is a quite interesting
approach and maybe worth looking into [4]. However I did some profiling
and for the dispatcher the old SAX approach had been ways faster.

However this is due to the buffering issue pointed out by Sylvain which
[5] is not solving at all. Brings me back to do a sax (+stax) approach
again (the other class in the package).

I am really exited about this thread. :)

salu2

> [1] http://stax-utils.dev.java.net/
> [2] http://www.flickr.com/services/api/response.rest.html

[3]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/dispatcher_rewrite/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
[4] http://ws.apache.org/commons/axiom/OMTutorial.html
[5]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/dispatcher_rewrite/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/src/java/org/apache/forrest/dispatcher/transformation/DispatcherWrapperTransformer.java

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)