cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Binkley, Peter" <Peter.Bink...@ualberta.ca>
Subject RE: Character encoding problems with cforms-ajax with dojo 0.3/0.4 and Firefox3
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:23:31 GMT
I just tried the nightly build of Firefox 3.1, and my Cforms app still fails to handle the
encoding correctly. I haven't yet investigated whether further changes are needed.

Peter 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Binkley, Peter [mailto:Peter.Binkley@ualberta.ca] 
> Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:18 AM
> To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Character encoding problems with cforms-ajax 
> with dojo 0.3/0.4 and Firefox3
> 
> This bug is supposed to be fixed in Mozilla 1.9.1, which it 
> appears will be included in Firefox 3.1 (judging from 
> http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.1/ ). I have the 
> same problem with a Cforms application and have been meaning 
> to try a Firefox 3.1 beta to see if it actually fixes the 
> problem but haven't had the time. If anyone does give it a 
> try I'd be interested in hearing their experience. It has 
> been very frustrating since Firefox 3 came out.
> 
> Peter 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agssa.net]
> > Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 8:20 AM
> > To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Character encoding problems with cforms-ajax with dojo 
> > 0.3/0.4 and Firefox3
> > 
> > Hi Gabriel,
> > 
> > Not sure if it helps, but here is what we found:  looks 
> like it is a 
> > firefox 3 bug [1].
> > 
> > Best Regards,
> > 
> > Antonio Gallardo.
> > 
> > [1] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=431701
> > 
> > 
> > Gabriel Gruber escribió:
> > >
> > > Hello Folks,
> > >
> > > we recently stumbled accross an issue with character
> > encoding inside
> > > our cforms/ajax (cocoon 2.1.10 AND cocoon 2.2) forms with 
> firefox 3.
> > > As advised in different sources we have correctly set the
> > bindEncoding
> > > property of the djConfig global variable to 'utf-8' at the very 
> > > beginning of our html/template code.
> > >
> > > however we are not able to submit special characters like 'üöäßß'
> > > correctly to the server. With older firefox versions we did
> > not have
> > > the problems, also internet explorer works perfectly (IE6, IE7,
> > > IE8Beta...)
> > >
> > > Our code inside our custom cforms-styling stylesheet:
> > >
> > > <script>djConfig = { bindEncoding: "utf-8" };</script>
> > >
> > > I suspect this is a problem with the older dojo versions
> > together with
> > > Firefox 3, can anyone confirm this?
> > >
> > > An interesting finding we made is, that by setting dojo property 
> > > 'parseWidgets' to false, you can actually fix the character
> > enconding
> > > problem. however then the ajax feature of cforms does not work 
> > > anylonger....  So it looks like that it has something to do with 
> > > dojo's widget functionality which is incompatible with 
> firefox3 in 
> > > terms of character enconding.
> > >
> > > Thanx for your advise in advance,
> > >
> > > Gabriel
> > >
> > > ______________________
> > > Mag. Gabriel Gruber
> > > Senior Consultant
> > > +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> > > Workflow EDV GmbH, Dannebergplatz 6/23, A-1030 Wien
> > 
> > 
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message