cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Remon" <re...@interact.mobi>
Subject RE: WURFL + COCOON (WALL Serializer)
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:07:24 GMT
Hi Luca,

I just want to integrate WALL in cocoon, I need to find a way to pass a
universal markup (understood by my program) which is in XML format from
cocoon XML transformer or generator to the custom serializer and let this
serializer decides whether to serve the client with WML or HTML or CHTML ...

This means that the output markup and content type will be decided by the
serializer.

The idea is to separate the markup generated for mobile devices from the
markup generated by sources.

e.g. let's say the PIPE line goes as follows

XML received from transformer or generator is

<walldocument>
<wallxmlpidtd encoding="UTF-8"/>
<wallhead>
<walltitle enforce_title="true">
<walltext value="Test Page Title"/>
</walltitle>
</wallhead>
<wallbody>
<wallimg cach="true" src="http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/uh/bt2/movies_logov1.gif"
alt="Test Image"/>
</wallbody>
</walldocument>

Serializer serializes output to HTML if device preferred markup is HTML or
WML if device preferred markup is WML.

Which means the serializer will change the markup language to meet WML/HTML
markup specs, as well as changing the content type of the document from
text/xml to text/html or text/wml

Regards,
Remon