cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where is Cocoon 3 going to?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:55:33 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM,  <solprovider@apache.org> wrote:
> ...My
> definition is:
>
> Cocoon allows easy manipulation of XML using pipes defined in XML:
> generate/aggregate - load content
> transform - modify content using XSL.
> serialize - deliver in a variety of formats...

Agree with that, although I've been (successfully and happily)
building complete applications with Cocoon in the past, I wouldn't do
that today anymore.

But if I have to process XML data or generate various formats from
XML, the above functionalities remain a good choice - ideally
embeddable in today's java environments. That's why I'm keeping an eye
on Cocoon 3, although I haven't been able to do more than that lately.

> ...Whether XML is no longer the current fad should not be relevant.
> Cocoon is an XML processing platform built on Java.  Change this
> statement, and the result would no longer be Cocoon....

Agree with that as well.

-Bertrand