cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where is Cocoon 3 going to?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 02:12:02 GMT
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Reinhard Pötz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:

> IMO it would be best to discuss your needs based on what Cocoon 3
> already offers (see org.apache.cocoon.pipeline.CachingPipeline) and what
> exactly you are missing. And additionally (or alternatively if you
> prefer) you could also provide us with a concrete example. I think that
> would make many things much clearer.

We're not at that point yet.  Although I've brought the Cocoon 3 code
up that's about all I've done with it.

As I said, our needs are complex;  we'll almost certainly extend
whatever get's implemented so it would be good if things were
constructed with that in mind: reasonable interfaces, abstract parent
classes with the housekeeping methods already implemented,  no final
methods, etc.  Pluggable components maybe?

Which reminds me, how much thought has been given to a component based
architecture?

--
Peter Hunsberger