cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 3 trunk
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 02:20:40 GMT
On Nov 4, 2008, at 3:13 PM, Steven Dolg wrote:

> Hi Vadim,
>
> the port stated in the README is unfortunately wrong.
>
> However the demo is working correctly for me

After a bit of poking around I figured out it was caused by a firefox
cache (it cached a redirect). After clearing the cache I can see
"Cocoon 3 Samples and Integration Tests: Overview" page.

> as well as the generated project for IDEA (I tried IDEA 7.0.4 with a
> JDK 1.6.0_06).

It is not possible to generate a project file from cocoon-3 root
directory itself, and so the next closest thing which I found is to do
it in the ./parent directory. So, when running mvn idea:idea command
there, it creates incorrect cocoon-parent.ipr file:

     <modules>
       <!-- module filepath="$$PROJECT_DIR$$/${pom.artifactId}.iml"/ -->
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$/cocoon-parent.iml"/>
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$//Users/vgritsenko/Projects/
Apache/cocoon-3/cocoon-all/cocoon-all.iml"/>
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$//Users/vgritsenko/Projects/
Apache/cocoon-3/cocoon-controller/cocoon-controller.iml"/>

So it seems like idea plugin appends absolute file paths to the
$PROJECT_DIR$. I had to manually edit file so that it loads in IDEA.
It now reads:

     <modules>
       <!-- module filepath="$$PROJECT_DIR$$/${pom.artifactId}.iml"/ -->
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$/cocoon-parent.iml"/>
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$/../cocoon-all/cocoon-all.iml"/>
       <module filepath="$PROJECT_DIR$/../cocoon-controller/cocoon-
controller.iml"/>

Short of hacking maven plugin, I think easiest way to fix that would
be to add a pom to cocoon-3 directory. WDYT?

> Could you provide me with more specific error messages - if
> available - in order to sort this out?

Hope above helps,

Thanks,
Vadim