cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Very early 2.1.12-dojo1_1-dev committed
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 14:54:55 GMT

On 4 Nov 2008, at 09:01, lingerer huang wrote:

> Hi,Jeremy
>
> I found two more problems.
>
> 1.Still IE problem,The TextArea.js make a extra comma for IE,I
> delete the
> extra one and it works.The diff file shows what I did.

Many thanks, change committed.

> 2.I am using UTF-8 for my application .But I found under the new dojo
> version,my encoding setting will fail then when I saved the form the
> Chinese
> chacter became ??.I capture the post info from browser and found
> only one
> different .
>
> The new one using Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded;
> charset=UTF-8,but the old one using Content-Type:
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded
>
> I change your code in AjaxForm.js(line 71) back to using
> "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" and it works all fine.
>
> My original setting is all using ISO-8859-1,and setting form-encoding
> through form-encoding action like:
> 	<map:act type="form-encoding">
> 		<map:parameter name="form-encoding" value="utf-8" />
> 	</map:act>
> So I guest when you using Content-Type: application/x-www-form-
> urlencoded;
> charset=UTF-8,the server will do twice UTF-8 decode.Or you can
> provide a new
> setting for international users.

What settings for 'form-encoding' and 'container-encoding' do you have
in your 'web.xml' file?

They needed changing due to these utf-8 issues.

They should be :
     <init-param>
       <param-name>container-encoding</param-name>
       <param-value>ISO-8859-1</param-value>
     </init-param>

     <init-param>
       <param-name>form-encoding</param-name>
       <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
     </init-param>

I had a look at my setup and I think this is one change that I forgot
to commit.

Please see : http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg56729.html

HTH

regards Jeremy