cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test and verify Cocoon 3 alpha-1 release artifacts
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:30:17 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz pisze:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Hi Reinhard. Thanks for preparing all of these. I've finally
>>> found some time to bustle around your work.

>>> What about tags in svn?
>> That's a missing feature of the Maven release plugin when you do a
>> multi-module release. The plugin only tags the root module, in our
>> case
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/tags/cocoon-root/cocoon-root-3.0.0-alpha-1/
>>

> Is this only my feeling that release plug-in does nothing useful? I
> mean here that it does some unintelligent editing of your POMs that:
>
> 1. Does not resolve SNAPSHOT versions to correct released versions
> (but to some random ones) 2. May result in corrupted POM (e.g. it can
> remove deployment info).
>
> Is it only me who had a bad experience with this plug-in?

Except for the SVN tagging issue I managed to route around all the
problems mentioned by you. See the 'preparations section' of
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/RELEASE_HOWTO.txt

Otherwise I would have to call 'mvn release:prepare release:perform' in
the correct order for each module and manipulate the pom files accordingly.