cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Test and verify Cocoon 3 alpha-1 release artifacts
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:45:18 GMT
Reinhard Pötz pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> reinhard@apache.org pisze:
>>> It took me a while but now I finished the creation of all release
>>> artifacts for a Cocoon 3 alpha-1 release. Since this is the initial
>>> creation of Maven artifacts and distribution files, I don't call for a
>>> vote at this point of time but rather want to wait for some feedback.
>> Hi Reinhard. Thanks for preparing all of these. I've finally found some time to bustle
around your work.

>>> I would like to ask you to check the release artifacts whether they meet
>>>  the legal requirements (checksums, pgp signatures, license files,
>>> notice files) of the ASF.
>> What about tags in svn?
>
> That's a missing feature of the Maven release plugin when you do a
> multi-module release. The plugin only tags the root module, in our case
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/tags/cocoon-root/cocoon-root-3.0.0-alpha-1/

Is this only my feeling that release plug-in does nothing useful? I mean here that it does
some
unintelligent editing of your POMs that:

  1. Does not resolve SNAPSHOT versions to correct released versions (but to some random ones)
  2. May result in corrupted POM (e.g. it can remove deployment info).

Is it only me who had a bad experience with this plug-in?

> I will copy the directories manually before I call for a vote.

Thanks. I'm sorry that you have to do it manually...

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski