cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Dolg <steven.d...@indoqa.com>
Subject Re: Where is Cocoon 3 going to?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 23:17:44 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> Reinhard Pötz pisze:
>
>> Simone Tripodi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> just to notify you that Steven ad I already started working on a
>>> caching system in cocoon3 more that 3 weeks ago, maybe the jira's
>>> issue can provide you more infos.
>>>
>> Simone, is there more information available than
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3-6? If yes, could you
>> please give us pointers or otherwise provide us with a summary
>> explaining what you both are working on?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance!
>>

> I second this ask. Bombing us with patches that are not discussed here is what we all
want to avoid.

The number of patches from Simone hardly qualifies for being called
"bombing". Actually the issue mentioned has exactly one patch.

Furthermore I doubt every single change needs to be discussed here
before it is made.
Something as straightforward as "cache the XSLT to avoid parsing it
every single time the pipeline is executed" is IMO one of those things
that should be obvious to everyone.
Especially since - as Sylvain pointed out - "this feature has been
available in Cocoon for ages".

Not everyone is fond of reading long emails that sketch a vague picture.
A clear description of the problem, a suggested solution and a patch
that provides a working implementation is IMO sometimes preferable.
Everyone is able to have a look at the jira issues and the posted
patch(es) and comment on them just like Sylvain did.