cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Daisy is down
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:52:31 GMT
David Crossley pisze:

> Thanks, i think that Grek and Jasha were talking about
> project management type tasks. For most of these, only the
> Cocoon PMC members have the wherewithal to carry them out.

David, you are generally right but there are some tasks that are crossing boundaries like
this one:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/79044

Our samples are down due to some bug in Maven which seems to be more or less already identified.
The
task is to contact Maven developers, report them this bug and maybe cooperate on fixing it.
Meanwhile, some ugly work-around should be introduced on our zone.

The first part of this task does not require any special rights. Anyone can pick this up.

> As a developer, you can certainly help in other areas.
>
> One thing is to generally browse our issue tracker and see
> what takes your interest. Perhaps fix some, comment on others.
> These changes are alerted to this dev@ mail list, which might
> spark the interest of others.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON

Maybe I'm speaking too much from my own position but I believe that the most urgent issue
is this:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/79192

Why I think it's so important:
1. Any multi-thread processing of a request is completely broken.
2. This blocks last step of introduction of unified expressions into Cocoon (notably into
sitemap)
and deprecating a big portion of old code.

Actually, this issue and the fact that I cannot fix it makes me so ashamed that I've lost
any
motivation to work on anything related to Cocoon.

> Another would be to try the examples on the zone server.
> Create issues for anything that needs attention.
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/

Yes, this is for someone that wants something easier to work on.

Another very important thing is helping Jeremy with Dojo migration:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/78940

Unfortunately, I don't have a time to provide any valuable in-depth feedback at the moment.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski