cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Simone Tripodi" <simone.trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where is Cocoon 3 going to?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:50:52 GMT
Hi everybody,
I'm the younger person - in therms of cocoon's experience - who
recently joined Reinhard and Steven in their enthusiasm about Cocoon3.

Please let me spend my 0.2€ too, feel free moving this email in the
spam or trash box :)

Just a prelude: I've never experienced using oldest Cocoon's release,
but months ago, while I was working on an important OpenID provider
(for the biggest Italian Telecommunication company), I had the need to
generate , manipulate, validate, transform and serialize large XML
data set in various format.
So I felt the need to use a solid framework able to help me in a quick
and clear way... so, the miracle happened when I found "accidentally"
the Reinhard's blog.
My first word was just a "wow!", so I wrote an email to him. I was
totally charmed, not only about Cocoon, but above all the
collaborative way that both Reinhard and Steven demonstrated in
explaining me how the new Cocoon works, helping me in adopting it in
the way to resolve my problems and involving me in the development,
exhorting me in "bombing" the Issue Tracker :)

Starting from that time, I've been evangelizing new Pipeline APIs, our
customer are satisfied by the product we developed on top of them...
and finally, also some friend of mine started being Cocoon3's users.
Everybody agree that's a nice framework with - more important - an
excellent community behind.

So, in my humble opinion, Cocoon3 has sense to exist. I like it, I
adore it, it resolved my problems and makes me enthusiastic. Reinhard
is a great leader, and Steven an excellent guide, and this justifies -
at least, for me - that Cocoon3's community MUST exist. I'm sure
there's someone that, like me, one day will need joining this great
community.

Best regards, sorry for the spam :)
Simone