cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError for chaperon
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:27:14 GMT
El mié, 26-11-2008 a las 18:58 -0500, Vadim Gritsenko escribió:
> On Nov 26, 2008, at 3:05 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > net/sourceforge/chaperon/process/ParserProcessor
> >        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
> >
> > I was looking for another version of the chaperon block but with no
> > luck.
> > http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/ does not list it and in
> > http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/ isn't anything
> > either.
> >
> > How can I fix the issue, ANY input is very welcome.
>
> Do you have chaperon jar itself? I got chaperon-20040205.jar, in maven
> repository:
>
>    ~/.m2/repository/chaperon/chaperon/20040205/chaperon-20040205.jar

Cheers Vadim,

yeah I figured as well that the chaperon-20040205.jar was missing in my
WEB-INF/lib, but maven never resolved it as dependency.

I worked around the problem which I believe is related to

http://markmail.org/message/kzbyuxznw6hhbyfo

" ... According to a mail from today on the infra@apache, all snapshots
older than 30 days were deleted in order to increase the free disk
space. ..."

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ is
empty which earlier contained the snapshot of the chaperon block.

My problem was that using

mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DartifactId=cocoon-chaperon-impl -Dversion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=cocoon-chaperon-impl-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

did not install the corresponding dependencies and I ended up to just
copy ~/.m2 from my old pc. This way I could go on working but is there
another install target which installs as well corresponding dependencies
in maven?

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)