cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Javaflow in C2.2
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:19:33 GMT
>> Uh ... that's not good. The samples should be working. You should
>> raise an issue in jira.
>>
> I tried to locate the error via remote debugging. So, I started
> Tomcat with
> debugging support and stepped through the classes using eclipse
> debugging
> perspective. However, when I stepped into Invoker.java, I got a
> message "com.sun.jdi.InternalExcpetion: Got error code in reply: 35
> occurred
> retrieving 'this' from stack frame". I think this is a result of
> instrumenting Invoker.class by commons/javaflow. So, I can't locate
> the error
> exactly.

Hm ... usually instrumenting should not hamper debugging.

> After sendPageAndWait these are the stacks:
>
> - Integer Stack
> 0: 8
> 1: 0
> 2: 2
>
> - Object stack:
> 0: CalculatorFlow
> 1: "a"
> 2: "page/calculator-a"
> 3: "hello world"
> 4: CalculatorFlow
> 5: Invoker
> 6: Class<T> (org.apache.cocoon.samples.flow.java.CalculatorFlow)
> 7: CalculatorFlow
>
> - Reference stack:
> 0: CalculatorFlow
> 1: CalculatorFlow
>
> I don't know, if these stacks are correct. However, several pop
> actions happen
> now:
>
> 1. Reducing iTop to 2
> 2. Reducing oTop to 5
> 3. Reducing rTop to 1
>
> After this pops, the error occurs. I get an class exception error.
>
> I don't know what caused the error and how to get more information.
> Do you
> have any idea?

More important than what listed above is the actual classloader that
loaded the class on the stack.

I you must be dealing with two different versions of CalculatorFlow or
Invoker. (Different in being loaded by different classloaders)

Check the .getClass().getClassLoader() for those and compare them with
where the CCE occurs.

cheers
--
Torsten