cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Very early 2.1.12-dojo1_1-dev committed
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:46:15 GMT
Hi Roy

Many thanks for your feedback

On 17 Oct 2008, at 10:42, lingerer huang wrote:

> Hi,Jeremy
>
> One of my project need to combine cocoon and dojo 1.2 together,so I
> checked
> your branch and tested it. You did a good job but I still found some
> problems:
>
> 1.Your custom dojo module can't be loaded under IE6/7,though it
> works under
> FF 3 and Google chrome 0.2.
> IE reports js Errors like:
> Line 293
> Error: Cound not load 'cocoon.forms.common' ; last tried
> '/_cocoon/resources/forms/js/common.js'

I am not in a position to test under MSIE, but would welcome any
patches or bugfixes : )

BTW. In order to get the line numbers of the actual faults (rather
than a line number of the dojo.js loader) you need to explicitly load
the relevant JS files via <script src=". . ."> tags rather than using
dojo.require.

> 2.When I replace dojo src from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0,FF 3 and Google chrome
> won't
> work too.
> The debug message like :
> uncaught exception dojo.hitch: scope["_onkeyup"] is null
> (scope="[Widget
> I try to remove the define in you design and rebuild it ,then the
> error
> dispear but also some feature disappear.
> This step is important to me caue I am using dojo 1.2 new
> datagrid.And you
> should modify some css and uncomment dojo js files refrence in you
> form
> style xsl.

I tried it with a pre-release 1.2 a while ago and had similar problems.
Now 1.2 is released, changing to use it is my next planned step.
However it will be a couple of weeks before I can work on this.

> 3.Some style problem.
> The Calendar is much bigger font than in dojo test ,and it looks wear.
> SelectionList will show black as background in Google chrome.

Again, without access to Windows, I cannot test under Chrome.
Bugfixes most welcome.

> I don't know why you some some strange charcter like :
> <button dojoType="dijit.form.Button" onClick="previousCountry();"
> style="font-size:90%;">&#11014;</button>
> <button dojoType="dijit.form.Button" onClick="nextCountry();"
> style="font-size:90%;">&#11015;</button>
> it will show a squar on the button.

These are Unicode left and right arrow characters.
It is disappointing that they fail on your platform.
What is your OS?
Which browsers fail to show this properly?

> I hope these would help.

Thanks, it is good to get some feedback (at last).

regards Jeremy