cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ForrestBot build for cocoon-docs FAILED
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 23:12:03 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 18.10.2008 14:25, Forrestbot@forrest.zones.apache.org wrote:
>
>>      [java] X [0]
>> 2.1/prepare-mojo.html    BROKEN:
>> /export/opt/forrest-trunk/build/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.Daisy
>> (Is a directory)
>
>>      [java] ^
>> 2.1/userdocs/flow/file:/home/daisy/tmpdocimport/documentation/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Request.html

>>      [java] ^
>> 2.1/userdocs/flow/file:/home/daisy/tmpdocimport/documentation/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Session.html

>>      [java] ^
>> 2.1/userdocs/flow/file:/home/daisy/tmpdocimport/documentation/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/environment/Context.html

>>      [java] ^
>> 2.1/userdocs/flow/file:/home/daisy/tmpdocimport/documentation/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/WebContinuation.html

>>      [java] Total time: 13 minutes 5 seconds,  Site size: 18,514,599
>> Site pages: 353
>>      [java] Java Result: 1
>>      [echo] Copying broken links file to site root.
>>            [copy] Copying 1 file to
>> /var/apache2/htdocs/ft/build/cocoon-docs
>>      [echo] Oops, something broke
>
> On what exactly can ForrestBot fail? The only thing I get from the
> report is that there are a broken link and some links with file:
> somewhere in the middle of the name.

The forrestbot will break on broken links.

The details of the broken links are in broken-links.xml in the root of
the built site. But in this case it doesn't help a great deal because of
the nuances of the Daisy plugin.

I logged into the forrest zone where the Cocoon site is built for you
and did:

[@forrest:2.1]$ grep prepare-mojo *
1297.html:<a description="" href="prepare-mojo.html">goal
documentation</a> generated from the Javadoc

NB if you don't have a log in for the zone you can always grab the
latest build from
http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs.tar.gz

So now we know which file contains the offending link to a non-existent
document.

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g5/g1/g1/1297.html

I've removed the dodgy link so things should build now - we'll see on
the next scheduled build cycle (I'm not sure about the other stuff in
the log above - lets see if that did the trick)

Ross

[1] http://forrest.zones.apache.org/ft/build/cocoon-docs/broken-links.xml