cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 samples down
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:42:59 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski pisze:
> Jasha Joachimsthal pisze:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> the samples of 2.2 are (still) down [1]. Does anyone know how to bring
>> them up again?
>>
>> [1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/trunk/
>
> Logs[2] do not reveal anything trivial so I guess this might be caused by my last activity
on zone
> related to upgrade of Maven to 2.0.9 and Java to 1.5.
> [2] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/logs/cocoon-demos/trunk/
>
> I may have a look today's night or tomorrow.

Found the cause - Maven starts jetty using wrong (default) port number, see the last line
of the log[3]:
2008-10-01 16:11:14.548::INFO:  Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8888

After quick testing at my local computer it looks like settings from MAVEN_OPTS environment
variable
are not propagated to jetty:run plug-in. In order to test it try:
cd core/cocoon-webapp
export MAVEN_OPTS="-Djetty.port=8123"
mvn jetty:run

and check at which port jetty listens. If it's not 8123 then we have found a bug and we should
report it to Maven team. If anyone confirms this problem I'll introduce temporary fix so our
demos
are online again.

[3] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/logs/cocoon-demos/trunk/stderr.log

PS. If someone else could take care of it I would be grateful. I don't have any reliable internet
connection in my new flat now.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski