cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [2.2] CacheableProcessingComponent problems with transformer
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:43:03 GMT
On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 14:44 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a weird problem and no clue why that is happening .
>
> I wrote a new implementation of some transformer that we had and using
> it in 2.1. and 2.2.
>
> In regards to the caching the transformer is working very fine in 2.1
> but as soon as I use it as 2.2. block it does not cache at all.
>
> It goes setup(), startDocument() in a 2.2. env but in a 2.1 it does
> correctly the usual setup(), getKey(), ..., startDocument().

To answer my own mail, I found out why and I have been VERY BLIND.

I am using a transformer and if we never check the get key of it can
mean that the prior step already is not cacheable. That was the case in
my test scenario where the generator was not caching at all so the
transformer as well have not been cacheable.

salu2

> The code can be found
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/dispatcher_rewrite/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher/src/cocoon-2.2-block
>
> Further the prior version of the code
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/cocoon-2.2-blocks/dispatcher/
is working with caching without any problem.

> Both classes are declaring:
> public class DispatcherTransformer extends AbstractSAXTransformer
> implements Disposable, CacheableProcessingComponent, URIResolver {
> }
>
> I have no clue why suddenly the CacheableProcessingComponent part seems
> to be ignored.
>
> Does somebody has a tip since it is driving me nuts?
>
> TIA for any thoughts.
>
> salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)