cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Patch for NPE in ApplicationUtil (cocoon-auth-api)
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:41:08 GMT
Benjamin Boksa <mailinglists <at> boksa.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> today I ran into a NPE when using ApplicationUtil.isUserInRole(…),
> attached is a patch that allows the User instance passed to
> isUserInRole(…) to be null.
>
> Hope it is OK to submit a patch like that - if there is a better way
> to do it just let me know.

Hi Benjamin,

please file an issue in our bug-tracking system Jira [1]. This is especially for
legal reasons since you have to grant license to ASF to actually allow us to use
your patch in Cocoon. You will find this option I'm talking about when you
attach the patch to the issue.

Thanks,

Joerg

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON