cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <>
Subject Re: Preparing the new dojo-rsrc build
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:06:51 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

On 10 Sep 2008, at 14:07, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> Hi Robin,
> Many thanks for your feedback.
> On 10 Sep 2008, at 10:00, Robin Wyles wrote:
>> Hi Jeremy,
>> On 8 Sep 2008, at 13:39, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>> I am almost ready to start the commit of the new dojo 1.1.1 based
>>> cforms to the Branch Grzegorz kindly setup.
>> Great! Can't wait to get my hands on this!
> Good :-)
> <snip/>
>> By default I would prefer not to have to rely on an external
>> service to run any part of my application, so with that in mind
>> option 3 seems most sensible to me. Also, I imagine option 1 would
>> make development without a network connection difficult.
> I hope that if you read my response to Hussayn earlier in this
> thread that you will understand my reasoning for going (initially
> at least) with the first scenario.
> Because in production, you would be unlikely to serve Dojo from a
> jar, your usecase of developing offline is IMHO the only case for
> distributing a full Dojo with Cocoon.
> I hope you will find that the build script I provide for making a
> Dojo Jar, makes the job so easy, you will not find it a barrier to
> offline development.

I would be more inclined to put the whole app behind Apach Httpd, and
use mod_cache to cache the static resources once they had been served
from Cocoon - I've used this approach in the past and it has worked
well. This of course means that all required dojo resources would
need to be bundled into my webapp. As long as there is a fairly easy
way to build my own dojo.jar I'll be satisfied I think!

View raw message