cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Help with Continuations
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:12:08 GMT
Hi All

I am trying to fix some of the suggestion-list functionality in the
2_1_X-dojo1_1 branch.

There are several legacy techniques for implementing suggestion lists.
The one I am working on re-implementing is the one that has a
JavaScript handler in the Widget model (see src/blocks/forms/samples/
forms/ajax_suggest_form.xml).

A request is made, containing the Continuation-Id, the Widget Id and
the filter value.

Originally, a user had to have a specific pipeline handler in their
own sitemap, which uses the SuggestionListGenerator to look up the
Continuation, find the Widget, then call it's handler.

What I was hoping to do was to have a generic pipeline handler in a
new system-level sitemap, which would do this for you, without the
user having to copy+paste the handler to their own sitemap.

However, it seems I am unable to retrieve a continuation made in one
sitemap, from another sitemap.

Can anyone confirm this?

Is there a way to do this, or will I have to return to the original
scheme?

Many thanks for any suggestions (ha ha).

regards Jeremy