cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preparing the new dojo-rsrc build
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 13:07:20 GMT
Hi Robin,

Many thanks for your feedback.

On 10 Sep 2008, at 10:00, Robin Wyles wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On 8 Sep 2008, at 13:39, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am almost ready to start the commit of the new dojo 1.1.1 based
>> cforms to the Branch Grzegorz kindly setup.
>
> Great! Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Good :-)

<snip/>

> By default I would prefer not to have to rely on an external service
> to run any part of my application, so with that in mind option 3
> seems most sensible to me. Also, I imagine option 1 would make
> development without a network connection difficult.

I hope that if you read my response to Hussayn earlier in this thread
that you will understand my reasoning for going (initially at least)
with the first scenario.

Because in production, you would be unlikely to serve Dojo from a jar,
your usecase of developing offline is IMHO the only case for
distributing a full Dojo with Cocoon.

I hope you will find that the build script I provide for making a Dojo
Jar, makes the job so easy, you will not find it a barrier to offline
development.

Thanks again, and please get back to me if you have any further doubts.

regards Jeremy