cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: New Spring Maintenance policy
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:35:31 GMT
I'd doubt a petition by itself would make them change the policy.

Probably they no longer can afford time, money or other resource to support "community" version
of spring.
If they are trying to make a business out of it it is quite obvious that they won't pop up
asking for
"someone to take over".

Nevertheless, It might help indicating to them that their behaviour might endanger any business
perspective implied
so that they are more willing to keep a sufficient level of support.

I personally do think there is no need for immediate action.
But in the worst case we will be in a similar situation
as when the current team around spring had declared their retirement from spring project:
A new team needs to take over.

So let's have a close watch at further development of the issue....
Rainer

--
Rainer Pruy
Geschäftsführer

Acrys Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Untermainkai 29-30, D-60329 Frankfurt
Tel: +49-69-244506-0 - Fax: +49-69-244506-50
Web: http://www.acrys.com -  Email: office@acrys.com
Handelsregister: Frankfurt am Main, HRA 31151