cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: New Spring Maintenance policy
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:56:20 GMT
First, let me say that I don't think the Spring policy is going to end
up being as bad as it was made out to be at first glance, although that
may just be wishful thinking.  In any case, I think it is extremely
premature to talk about forking the code.

I think if you were to put yourself in the position where you were a
happy employee of SpringSource looking to insure that your company stays
healthy into the future, you would find it difficult to support the code
being forked into the ASF. I certainly know I would.  Although you'd
probably like to think that what you do at the ASF is completely
independent of your employer it is never really quite that simple.