cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Help with Continuations
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:11:16 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 23.09.2008 13:39, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> I don't see any way of working around this.
>>
>> What a shame, I guess this rules out putting this functionality into a
>> system-level sitemap.
>
> That's actually by intention and used to be different. It was Leszek who
> changed it [1]. One very good reason [2] is the wrong context in a
> different interpreter and so sitemap. Links wouldn't be resolved
> correctly anymore.
>
> Joerg
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=106089
> [2] http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110268944032541&w=4

I am afraid this cannot be changed. It used to be different but it was
very error prone. Invoking continuations in different context than they
were created led to unexpected (usually erroneous) results.

I am always amazed how you guys are able to dig out some info in
messages from 2004 :).

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.