cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: New Spring Maintenance policy
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:09:01 GMT
Hi,

yes, all the wording is quite confusing.
The "statement" cited by Peter is trying to convince readers into believing "it will affect
only old releases",
but there nowhere is a guarantee put up that there will be a new release within the 3month
period.
And the policy puts up that 3 month period per release without referring to later releases.

A clear statement along "only the most current release will receive maintenance efforts"
would have been much easier and clearer (and would get broader acceptance by the community).
That the whole thing was not put that way contributes to the impression that users should
be convinced into a support contract.

Rainer