cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Git clone of Apache Cocoon at GitHub
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:15:06 GMT
Hi,

This is just a quick message to let you know what's happening. Last night I've pushed Jukka
Zitting's clone[1] of Apache Cocoon to GitHub[2]. This is a small part of the activity happening
around Git at Apache discussed at infrastructure-dev mailing list (which is public btw).

This repository is highly experimental and I give no guarantees on its quality or status (being
in
sync with svn repository, etc.). The idea is to experiment with Git workflows and investigate
areas
where Git looks like superior tool over Subversion (believe me, in most areas it's superior).

If you are interested in this effort you may start with blog post by Assaf[3] which outlines
tiny
fraction of reasons for Git excitement in Apache-centric settlement.

The last thing is to ask people if they have no problem with *full* copy of Apache Cocoon
repository
floating over GitHub. I hope you don't.

[1] http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/git-clones-of-apache-codebases/
[2] http://github.com/gkossakowski/apache-cocoon/tree