cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hussayn Dabbous <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Request for editor role in cocoon documentation
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:49:46 GMT
Hi;

i recently started with cocoon-2.2. I allready published a video screen
cast about "setup and first steps",
which you can see at http://blog.machinimatrix.org i plan to make more
of these tutorials, but ...

Now, while i am stumbling through the cocoon-2.2 documentation, i notice
many (out of date-) errors
and blank pages, where lack of documentation hearts a lot and distracts
first time users/developers.
Now i slowly get pieces of the puzzle together with some help of members
of the user/developer
comunities, and carefully reading through tons of emails and history (
quite time consuming stuff).

Right now i am willing to add some enhancements to the docs, hoping to
help cocoon-2.2 to get away from
the "largly complex and only partialy documented genious work" more to
the "highly flexible and well
documented practically usefull development tool", which i still believe
it is... (You need to understand too many
basics before you can jump start, but if you get a good documentation at
your side, you will master the beast
in much less time. and that's what counts (for me at least).

In that sense i would like to add some more "basic tutorials" to the page:

http://cocoon.apache.org/1370_1_1.html

Currently i am working on something i call " 'Hello-flow, your first
flowscript"

And of course i would love to see our current machinimatrix screen cast
(and follow ups)
also published on the cocoon screeen casts page (if that is not too much
to ask for)

to my person:

i am 48 years old, german resident (my name is missleading ;-) ), and a
long term developer
(doing software since over 30 years now, working with java since 8 years).
I am running my own company "Saxess software design GmbH" in
Cologne/Germany since 9 years now.
I have already been involved with cocoon 2.0 several years ago and i
also did some (although not very much)
documentation work at that time.

I also am one of the Scarab-developers and have been working actively
for about 2 years on that project, and
will get back to it by end of this year (due to another upcoming project
in my queue).
Finally i am adicted to the idea of using virtual environments for
commercial usage. One of my recent activities
was to setup a workflow for creating e-learning content based on
machinima technology,  and that's why the
cocoon tutorial which i mentioned above uses an avatar and an advanced
text to speach system ...

But now i want to use cocoon-2.2 (mainly because its spring based
implementation)
within at least 2 upcoming projects (one is allready running (out of
time, uhhhh...), the other one will start next year
and will be another  long term project)

So, if you would give me editor permissions, i could jump start and add
documentation as long as i my time allows it.

Hope to hear from you soon;

regards,
Hussayn Dabbous