cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for editor role in cocoon documentation
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 01:07:43 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> hussayn pisze:
> >
> > And what kind of "bigger pieces of work" are you referring to ?
> > I guess, you refer to the apache-license model ?
> > And How will i know, when i need to contact ASF ?
>
> The only thing you would need to do is to apply ICLA, see:
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
>
> You can easily send it to Apache using FAX machine.
>
> The only question remaining is when you really need to do it for which I don't have an
answer. I
> have to learn about this things myself.
>
> I suggest to wait for David's response.

The general principle is that everything that you contribute
is already under the Apache License. So you can use those
contributions elsewhere too.

When people start doing major contributions, then it is
good to register a Contributor License Agreement.

This is clarification because the contributor gets to
understand their situation by reading the CLA and license.

Hussayn, there is no need to wait. Get stuck into making
docs edits.

At your leisure send in an Individual CLA:
http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas
If there is anything that you want to talk
about in private, then use the Cocoon private@ list.

-David