cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hussayn <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: Preparing the new dojo-rsrc build
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:37:22 GMT

Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> 	dojo-rsrc.jar only contains a few static files required to support
> Dojo in XD mode (a few K).
> 	If a user wants to load Dojo locally, they dl their own copy and
>          use the provided build scripts to make a replacement dojo-
> rsrc.jar

> full dojo-rsrc.jar in the dist (4.7Meg).
> 	If a user wants to load Dojo locally, they add
>              <map:parameter name="dojo-use-cdn" value="false"/> to
> their sitemap

> 	We provide the full dojo-rsrc.jar in the dist (4.7Meg).
> 	If a user wants Dojo to load from CDN, they add
>              <map:parameter name="dojo-use-cdn" value="true"/> to
> their sitemap
>

> I personally think that (1) has distinct advantages.
> Less code in our dist, very effective caching and serving of Dojo, etc.

Hi;

>From a commercial system integrators point of view i would not at all like
the idea to keep part of the application outside of my companie's firewall.

So i guess, there will be huge demand to keep all content locally. Hence
my favorite scenario would be szenario 3 plus a good documentation of
howto make different configurations.

BTW: Isn't it an option to use maven2 capabilities ? You may be looking at
this
thread here:

http://www.nabble.com/Howto-use-Dojo-%22standalone%22-with-cocoon---%28does-that-make-sense-at-all-%29-to19040317.html

I experimented with this block and first i was quite satisfied. I just was
asking myself, if maven
could be used to grab dojo from an external repository via dependencies,
instead of keeping a
dojo-copy right within the block sources...

Anyways, i realised at some time of my experiments, that we got some
performance issues in our production environment. So we eventually
abandonned the above mentioned dojo-block and placed
the plain vanilla dojo-distribution directly on our apache-frontend, so that
the dojo-files are now directly served from the web-server as static files
(and we can simply upgrade to newer dojo-versions without modifying a
cocoon-block...)

well, this scenario might not fit into what you are doing since the solution
we tried above, was not just a simple "give me the dojo"-block. It sounds,
you are making a full integration into cocoon-forms.

Just my 2 cents here.

regards, hussayn