cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing the new dojo-rsrc build
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:39:26 GMT
Hi All

I am almost ready to start the commit of the new dojo 1.1.1 based
cforms to the Branch Grzegorz kindly setup.

The last issue I am trying to sort out is getting XDomain loading
working.
i.e. having forms and ajax modules served by the local Cocoon
instance, while all dojo's js/css etc. is loaded from Google's Ajax
CDN : http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/dojo/1.1.1/**

If I can get XDomain loading to work, we have several different
possible scenarios available to us, I am interested in getting
feedback from you guys as to which ones are actually useful.

	dojo-rsrc.jar only contains a few static files required to support
Dojo in XD mode (a few K).
	If a user wants to load Dojo locally, they dl their own copy and
         use the provided build scripts to make a replacement dojo-
rsrc.jar

full dojo-rsrc.jar in the dist (4.7Meg).
	If a user wants to load Dojo locally, they add
             <map:parameter name="dojo-use-cdn" value="false"/> to
their sitemap

	We provide the full dojo-rsrc.jar in the dist (4.7Meg).
	If a user wants Dojo to load from CDN, they add
             <map:parameter name="dojo-use-cdn" value="true"/> to
their sitemap

I personally think that (1) has distinct advantages.
Less code in our dist, very effective caching and serving of Dojo, etc.
NB. This is still a bit theoretical, as I do not have XDomain loading
working quite yet :(

n) The user wants a single JS file that contains everything needed for
one form:
	... not sure yet, but they'd probably use the build scripts to make a
'layer' file
	having made a 'profile' to drive the build, which contains references
	all of the Widgets required in the form (a handy list appears at the
end of every cforms page)
	The User puts a <script src="myForm.js" . . . > in their Template

Please let me know what you think.

regards Jeremy