cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [2.1] AbstractEnvironment - NPE in release(...)
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 20:00:25 GMT
Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
> I found a bug that just some time happens and I am not sure why.
>
> In AbstractEnvironment the method release throw SOMETIMES a NPE:
> /**
>      * Releases a resolved resource
>      */
>     public void release(final org.apache.excalibur.source.Source source)
> {
>         if (null != source) {
>             this.sourceResolver.release(source);
>         }
>     }
>
> I have found that under certain circumstances this.sourceResolver is
> already null. I do not understand ATM why and when this can happen.

this bug also occured in Lenya. The problem there was that a source was
not properly released by its source factory. Maybe this helps to locate
the issue …

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lenya/trunk/src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/cocoon/source/SiteSourceFactory.java?r1=618208&r2=679424&diff_format=h

(line 164)

-- Andreas