cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jasha Joachimsthal" <j.joachimst...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Jasha Joachimsthal as new Cocoon committer
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:44:27 GMT

Hi there,

I'm still smiling behind my desk and that's not only because of the champagne. Thank you all
for embracing me as a new committer.

Something about myself for those who haven't met me yet.
I'm 29 years old and live in Utrecht (Netherlands). I studied Business IT at Twente University
for a few years. In my previous job at a tour operator one of my tasks was to maintain websites
(written in PHP and ASP, wish I knew Cocoon back then).

In 2006 I started at Hippo which meant my first contact with Cocoon. Before I finished my
coffee Arjé subscribed me to the cocoon-users and cocoon-dev lists, forgetting to subscribe
me to Hippo mailinglists ;) Once I got to know Cocoon better I really liked it. Transforming
any datasource into any format can be very handy and that's what Cocoon is good at. However
the learning curve of Cocoon is a bit steep. You have to learn the pipeline concept and in
most cases XSLT. A new colleague lately said "I've never seen so much XML on one single day".
Explaining stuff to colleagues, giving courses to external developers and replying to the
Cocoon mailing lists still surprise me how much I've learnt about Cocoon.

As Andrew already mentioned I did Cocoon talks at the past GetTogether in Rome and ApacheCon
2007 in Amsterdam (with Jeroen Reijn). It's always nice to be at such conferences, meeting
the people behind the emails on the lists. I hoop to see you in the future!

Jasha Joachimsthal

www.onehippo.com
San Francisco - Hippo USA Inc. 101 H Street, suite Q Petaluma CA 94952-3329 +1 (707) 773-4646