cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <>
Subject Re: Proposal - JS Reader
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:14:40 GMT
Hi Guys

IMHO the most likely scenario ATM will be that JS libs for eg. CForms
would be minified and packaged as a production step, either manually
or automatically. Then served as Mark says, via HTTPD using gzip

i.e. there is more than just compression involved

But, I have not got this far yet .....

regards Jeremy

On 13 Aug 2008, at 17:42, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> I guess a JS reader could be helpful for applications where all
> resources are served directly by "raw" Cocoon, i.e. if any
> compression is to be done then Cocoon has to do it.  But don't most
> applications in a Web setting run Cocoon behind an Apache front-
> end?  Then you can just have Apache gzip whatever you want, all
> outside of Cocoon, right?  And wouldn't that take care of whatever
> one might want to gain from using a special compressing/"minifying"
> component for a specific resource type?
> I could be totally wrong about this, but that's just how it seemed
> to me... anyway, is the use case for this specifically the scenario
> where un-Apache-front-ended Cocoon is being used to serve resources
> directly?
> cheers,
> —ml—

View raw message