cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [vote] Cocoon 3: Versioning, SVN, Maven, namespaces, issue tracking and CI
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:41:49 GMT
On 21.08.2008 23:53, Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> After having already discussed the details, let's make a formal decision
> about versioning, SVN, Maven, namespaces issue tracking and CI for Cocoon 3.

+1 to everything except ...

> XML NAMESPACES
> -------------------------------
> Corona currently uses three different namespaces in XML documents:
>
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/sitemap
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/servlet
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/controller
>
> These namespaces are without a version number.
>
> Since I don't see how version numbers could help, I propose
>
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/servlet
>  http://apache.org/cocoon/controller

I know I'm rather late ...

Don't these version numbers just help in the same way as versioned jars
help? It's possible to signal additional functionality or
incompatibilities. Just look at the Spring framework.

> CI
> Apache Infrastructure offers a managed Hudson instance. I propose to
> setup a Cocoon 3 project there.

I'd like to see continuous integration, be it Continuum, Hudson or Gump.

Joerg