cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Re: [summary][vote] David Legg as new Cocoon committer
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:22:01 GMT
Once again, I'd like to thank the community for accepting me as a Cocoon
committer.

> Finally, it is a good tradition that a new committer introduces
> himself on this list.

I'm an English web developer, married with a child and working in
Bracknell, England.  I've been lurking around Cocoon for what seems like
forever (read 2000).  Back then SoC (Separation of Concerns), XML and
XSLT were all shiny and new.

I started my career back in 1984 writing 8086 assembler for a chess
games company (oh yes!  non of that 8-bit rubbish for me!).  I even
remember wondering if I should download Minix or something called Linux
from some student upstart called Linus Torvalds ;-)  The best thing I
learnt from these early days was a healthy respect for designing memory
efficient software.

Gradually and inevitably I moved over from writing system software and
firmware to this new fangled thing called the web.  This is where I fell
in love with Java, Tomcat and JSP programming.

My current interests lie in the semantic web and the world of
triplestores, inference engines and RDF and how to do something useful
with it all.  You can be sure I'll be trying to glue it together with
Cocoon.

It's a privilege to be a part of this project.

David Legg