cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Renaming Corona to Cocoon 3.0 and infrastructure
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:36:43 GMT

Reinhard Pötz wrote:

>> .
>> Versioning
>> -------------------------------
>> For Cocoon 2 there have been proposals that all odd versions are
>> development/alpha versions and all even versions are stable releases.
>>
>> I like this idea and propose that we follow this versioning schema in
>> Cocoon 3: All 3.0.x releases are marked as development versions and we
>> clearly explain this on the website and the READMEs of all artifacts.
>>
>> When we believe that the community and the technology are stable, we do
>> a 3.1.0 release.
>>
>> I think this is less confusing than appending alpha, beta or milestone
>> postfixes.

+1
>> SVN
>> -------------------------------
>> I'm not sure about the new location in SVN. One option I can think of is
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk, the other is
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-3
>>
>> I slightly prefer http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk.

Why wouldn't you use
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-3.0.x? Then
create 3.1.x when it is time for that. Presumably you will create a
3.2.x shortly after that so you can do bug fixes only on 3.1.x and new
development on 3.2.x. If not, then I'm not sure what the point of the
numbering scheme is.

I'm OK with the rest of the proposal.