cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Is it necessary to increase the development version number (SNAPSHOT) after a release?
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 23:51:59 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Ralph Goers wrote:

>>> If you can think of a way to have it both ways let me know.
>>>
>> You could look into the local repo and use the latest version from there
>> or you can even go to a remote repo and use the latest version from
>> there.
>> I think/hope that the maven api allows you to do this.
> I'm not sure if there is an existing way of doing that. Even if there
> is, I'm not sure if that is a great idea. What if what is in your
> local repo is really old?
I thought about this some more. How about if a) to enable this feature
you put a variable as the version, b) the variable is replaced by its
definition c) if it isn't defined then go to the relativePath and get
the version from there, c) if this fails throw an exception.

I believe this won't cause any problems since variables aren't currently
supported. It is also what people have asked for in the Jira issue.

Ralph