cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it necessary to increase the development version number (SNAPSHOT) after a release?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:01:43 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> yes, I was too lazy to touch nearly every POM file in our repository
> just to increase the version number of our parent POMs. I haven't done
> this for the last release either and AFAICT, no problem occurred.
>
> Does anybody know if it can cause problems if the development version
> number isn't increased after a release?

I think we shouldn't change the version number just for the sake of
changing it.
If the pom doesn't change why should we increase the version number?

I think we should simply drop the parent relationship from all modules
and use the current parent poms just as reactor poms. Every real module
pom directly has our root pom as the parent. This makes releasing imho
much easier as there is no release of any intermediate pom required
anymore. We're using this approach for a very long time now and it has
made things much easier.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler