cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: A new name for Corona (take 2)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:12:36 GMT
Reinhard Pötz skrev:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> I forgot to mention that we also have to find unique Maven artifact
>>> IDs for the reasons explained above.
>>>
>> Great, I'm fine with using 3.0.x as well.
>>
>> For the package names and artifact ids, I'm not sure if we should
>> keep corona inside.
>
> I would have been fine for package names since they are internal, but
> not for artifactIds or groupIds.
>
>> I would prefer to simply use different functional package names. And
>> if we use the package names as group ids, we're fine.
>
> org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-pipeline:1.0.0 ->
> org.apache.cocoon.pipeline:cocoon-pipeline:3.0.0
>
> org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-sitemap:1.0.0 ->
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.language.xml:cocoon-sitemap-language-xml:3.0.0
>
> org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-controller:1.0.0 ->
> org.apache.cocoon.controller:cocoon-controller:3.0.0
>
> org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-servlet:1.0.0 ->
> org.apache.cocoon.http.servlet:cocoon-http-servlet:3.0.0
> any better ideas? (org.apache.cocoon.servlet is already in use)

First I agree with using 3.0.x. Second for the package names I don't see
that it should be a problem to reuse package names from Cocoon 2.2. If
we want to be able to use Cocoon with OSGi it is imortant that a package
only is exported from one module (bundle). But the package structure in
Cocoon 2.2 is so messed up so it is not possible to use Cocoon 2.2
together with OSGi in any practical way anyway. So from an OSGi POV the
only important thing is to make the package structure of "Cocoon 3.0"
OSGi friendly. For coexistence between "Cocoon 3.0" blocks and Cocoon
2.2 it is enough if the classes are different.

But do you really think it will be worthwhile to make it possible to use
Cocoon 2.2 and 3.0 together? While it might be possible with not to much
work for the Corona stuff, I guess it will start to be rather painfull
once people start to upgrade some of our blocks to 3.0.

Anyway I would suggest:

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-sitemap:1.0.0 ->
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap:cocoon-sitemap:3.0.0
The only class name conflict here is SitemapServlet maybe we could use
XmlSitemapServlet instead.

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-servlet:1.0.0 ->
org.apache.cocoon.servlet:cocoon-servlet:3.0.0
Here the only conflict (that I found) is SitemapParameters, what about
SitemapParameterMap or maybe just Parameters?

/Daniel