cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <>
Subject Re: A new name for Corona (take 2)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:56:49 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>>> You guys have finally convinced me. Let's use 3.0.x for Corona,
>>> clearly state that it is alpha software on the website in the
>>> README.txt of each release artifact and see what's happening.
>>> Then we only need to find a package name that isn't used in trunk
>>> because Corona should run in parallel with Cocoon 2.2 without a
>>> problem (haven't tried it yet but at least in theory).
>>> The simplest solution would be keeping 'corona' as part of the
>>> package name (org.apache.cocoon.corona). IIRC Tomcat also kept the
>>> 'catalina' package names.
>>> Any other suggestions?
>> I forgot to mention that we also have to find unique Maven artifact
>> IDs for the reasons explained above.
> Great, I'm fine with using 3.0.x as well.
> For the package names and artifact ids, I'm not sure if we should keep
> corona inside.

I would have been fine for package names since they are internal, but
not for artifactIds or groupIds.

> I would prefer to simply use different functional package
> names. And if we use the package names as group ids, we're fine.

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-pipeline:1.0.0 ->

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-sitemap:1.0.0 ->

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-controller:1.0.0 ->

org.apache.cocoon.corona:corona-servlet:1.0.0 ->
any better ideas? (org.apache.cocoon.servlet is already in use)

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member

View raw message