cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A new name for Corona (take 2)
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 14:07:26 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> What would Spring do if the have a rewrite that _might_ become Spring
> 4.0 but they don't know yet?

Ok, I can't read their minds, but it's easier for them as they already
have functional names, So a 4.0 for them is just re-using the right
functional names, adding some, dropping others perhaps. (Just speculating)

>> Atm we have only a small set of modules in the Corona code, but
>> perhaps this might crow and the more it crows, the more difficult it
>> will be to tell people what Corona is.
>
> Can you give an example for such descriptive names?
>
> I like the idea of functional names but I just fail to see how this can
> work in our case :-/

One of them could be "Cocoon Pipeline API", "Cocoon Sitemap API" (I
don't like this very much - but it's just an example).

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org