cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: project names]
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 01:04:51 GMT

Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Corona currently consists of 4 functional modules:
> cocoon-corona-pipeline, cocoon-corona-sitemap,
> cocoon-corona-controller and cocoon-corona-servlet. Using functional
> names isn't an appropriate solution for our problem. This would lead
> to a lot of confusion because we would get names that are already used
> (cocoon-pipeline, cocoon-sitemap).
>
> I'm really tired of this. What's next?
1) Just use Corona. If Eclipse complains we will be forced to rename the
project to something else. Then you will get to do this all again, but
it will be worse since artifacts will probably have been released and
people will wonder where the project went.
2) Dream up a new name.
    a) Find a descriptive name along the lines of what Henri suggested -
i.e. one or two words that describe what the purpose of the subproject is.
    b) Choose another codename despite Henri's suggestion. Use the link
to TESS to determine whether it is available to use. Bertrand suggested
one (Weedle). It doesn't show up at TESS and it's use on Google seems to
revolve completely around Pokemon. A couple of other names were also
suggested that I haven't checked.

Ralph