cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions about site document generation
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:07:38 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Hi
>
> First I need to say that I'm not that familiar with the doc generation -
> just in case some questions are OT or just rubbish.
>
> - Nightly-docs vs. dev-docs:
> [1] has a note saying "There is a second job which builds the docs once
> a day too. In addition to the first one it adds a couple of reports
> (Findbugs, SVN reports, etc.). See
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/"
> Is this really working? Comparing i.e. the summary of a page would say
> something else [2][3]. Are the dev-docs really run once a day?

they are set up but it's likely that they don't run through ATM because
of our 1.5 problem. I've just commented the jms-samples module that has
caused them.

> - Monitoring nightly-/dev-docs generation
> Does it exists? I've never seen such a mail on a list (dev/private/user)
> or hasn't it failed ever?

The bash script that controls the nightly build has an error handling
section which _should_ send a message in the case of a failure.
Unfortunately it doesn't work correctly.

Can some bash guru have a look at it? (find the script by looking at the
crontab of the 'maven' user on our zone)

> - sitemaptags2daisy
> This scripts is used to update daisy with annotations made in java
> classes. As I've found multiple page not updated I also doubt that this
> script is run on a regularly base when generating nigthly-/dev-docs.
> Does the docs generation also run this script?

no

> Why is it a script and not a maven plugin (historical reasons/technical
> reasons/...)?

historical reasons

> - Site 'responsible'
> [4] still has a banner for ApacheCon Europe 08 (April 2008). Do we have
> people feeling responsible about keeping the site (at least [4], I'm not
> talking about technical documentation of C2.x)) up to date?

I usually do but I've missed that. Instead we should add a ApacheCon
US08 banner.

Thanks for taking care Felix!