cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com>
Subject Some questions about site document generation
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 11:02:11 GMT
Hi

First I need to say that I'm not that familiar with the doc generation - just in case some
questions are OT or just rubbish.

- Nightly-docs vs. dev-docs:
[1] has a note saying "There is a second job which builds the docs once a day too. In addition
to the first one it adds
a couple of reports (Findbugs, SVN reports, etc.). See http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/"
Is this really working? Comparing i.e. the summary of a page would say something else [2][3].
Are the dev-docs really
run once a day?

- Monitoring nightly-/dev-docs generation
Does it exists? I've never seen such a mail on a list (dev/private/user) or hasn't it failed
ever?

- sitemaptags2daisy
This scripts is used to update daisy with annotations made in java classes. As I've found
multiple page not updated I
also doubt that this script is run on a regularly base when generating nigthly-/dev-docs.
Does the docs generation also run this script?
Why is it a script and not a maven plugin (historical reasons/technical reasons/...)?

- Site 'responsible'
[4] still has a banner for ApacheCon Europe 08 (April 2008). Do we have people feeling responsible
about keeping the
site (at least [4], I'm not talking about technical documentation of C2.x)) up to date?

Regards
Felix

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/1418_1_1.html
[2] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/nightly-docs/2.2/core-modules/core/2.2/890_1_1.html